My loving wife came to me last night, excitedly holding her laptop in hand saying
"Babe you NEED to read this".
She, as she often has been in the course of our 6 years together, was right, I HAD to read it.
IT was an ad for a new contest here in Newfoundland. Newfoundlands Biggest loser. Now, unless you were in a cave for the past few years the title alone will explain to you the basic concept. It is a program modeled after the Fox TV phenomenon, Americas Biggest Loser. A local health and fitness business along with a local media outlet have gotten together to create a local event. The goal for them of course is that of promotion through what they hope will be stunning and compelling transformations, coupled with the cut throat nature of a "Survivor" type format.
The goal for me, beyond the initial goal of getting in the program, is to knock everyone's collective socks off with a transformation that is noting short of spectacular. Also, the ultimate goal, is to become healthy and fit and add a few more good years to a life that is well into its middle ages.
So, why make a post here prior to even being selected? Well, selected or not the goal I stated above holds true. Being a part of this program or not I am still going to knock everyone's socks off and the ultimate goal, the most important goal, well that remains the same, tack as many good years as I can onto this life. My boys are young, I would love to see them at my age and beyond.
Wish me luck, keep your fingers crossed and hopefully the judges will see the benefit of having me s a part of their program.
Here's is the letter of application I sent....
Why should I be the New Newfoundland Biggest Loser?
I should be chosen because I not only WANT this transformation, I NEED this transformation. I am on the verge of 40 and I can think of no better gift than to give myself and my family the gift of a healthier me. I should be chosen because I have proven in the past I CAN do this, I lost 120 7 years ago before marriage, an autistic child and the death of my Mother all took my focus from my health and put it on everything else. I should be chosen because my transformation will be dramatic. It WILL be a serious affirmation for your program.
I want to lose weight because I love my wife and I love my two sons more than anything in the world and they deserve a husband and a father that can do everything they want to do and will be here for many years to come. I want to lose weight because it’s the next step for my health. I no longer drink, I no longer smoke ( a pack a day habit hit the road a year ago ), this is the next step.
Anyway... there's so much more to say and do, I hope that you will consider me for your program, I will not disappoint and I will be the New Newfoundland’s Biggest Loser.
Hopefully tomorrow when the judges read this, and look at my pictures my phone will ring. I will be sure to update here as soon as it does!
I will be sure to update here if it doesn't,,,
Thanks for reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Welcome back sir, and good luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks man, good to be back, now I just need to be selected
ReplyDelete